Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sally Hansen Color Foil & OPI Mariah Pure Top Coat

This past weekend I stepped into an Ulta (more like 2) and I was surprised to have found Mariah Carey's Pure, 18K White Gold and Silver top coat at one for only $9.95! It went for $30 beforehand which I thought to myself was a ridiculous amount to spend on a nail polish. This was such a steal there was no way that I was going to pass it up especially when I only saw one package/bottle left! I also snagged up one of the Sally Hansen Color Foil polishes that I knew I had to have when I saw a picture of them. I ended up just purchasing one, Titanium Flush, to test it out instead of spending my money on the same type of nail polish that I don't like.

Sally Hansen's Titanium Flush (with flash)




OPI's Mariah Pure 18K White Gold and Silver Top Coat(with flash)



On the bottle it specifically says that for better results to not use a base or top coat. Figures that I didn't listen the first time so I applied my typical base coat and then went in to start applying my first coat. I found out really quick that they mean business when they meant no base or top coats! You could just see how much the nail polish wasn't staying in place and moving which at that point I threw my hands up and took off everything on my nails! Since I quickly removed my base coat I don't think I got ALL my base coat off on my right hand and my left thumb since I noticed the polish didn't go on as smoothly had it had my left hand after removing the base coat.

After letting the first coat dry a little, which didn't take that long, I went ahead and put on a second coat of Titanium Flush. I could see it pull slightly during my second coat but it wasn't too bad as it was with a base coat. I skipped the top coat on my nails except for my accent nail (dun dun dunnnn!) where I put on 2 coats of OPI's Mariah Carey Pure, 18K White Gold and Silver top coat. One coat was simply not enough since it looked spotty considering it's not a solid color nail polish but rather a clear one sprinkled with 18K White Gold and Silver. Have I mentioned at how I have WHITE GOLD AND SILVER on my nails? It's just not something that happens every day nor is it something you would think of doing to white gold and silver. Nonetheless, I do really like the top coat and thankfully found it at a steal of a price! NOW I want to add that I didn't get around to taking photographs after painting my nails but the next day. However, there was wear and tear already not even 24 hours afterwards (which I'll get to in a bit) so I touched up my nails..and then noticed that the polish became a lighter pink?? So now you'll be able to see what 2 coats, no touch up looks like after 2 days, and then what a touch up, 24 hours later with 4 total coats looks like and hopefully you can see the difference.




So now I'll state my overall opinions, yes? I'll start off with OPI's Mariah Pure top coat: My opinion on this polish is that I love it and think that for having specks of white gold and silver, doing 2 coats of it covers pretty well. However if it wasn't for the awesome steal price of $9.95 that I found it for this weekend, I most likely wouldn't have bought it otherwise because I feel that $30 for a top coat is a little much, even if it does have those 18K white gold and silver specks in it.
 
Now onto Sally Hansen's Color Foil: Overall I feel that this nail polish is decent, something different, though in my opinion it is basically like OPI's Gwen Stefani Chrome nail polish Push and Shove which I have a post on already here. It does show everything that is wrong with your nail in detail that you otherwise wouldn't see as you can tell from the pictures above. I do like the foil type feeling since I haven't seen it before Push and Shove came out. One of the things that I definitely didn't like was the fact that I didn't even have the nail polish on for 24 hours and it had already started to wear and tear on me, minus the top coated nail, which didn't impress me. I have yet to try putting a top coat on over the color foil yet so if you have tried, let me know what you thought in the comments below! Another thing that I found odd about this color foil nail polish is the fact that when I went to start doing a touch up to take photos with, it had made my nail color go from the darker pink it was the day before to this lighter pink which you can see in the photos above. Soon on my Instagram (@kristinalynn15) I will be posting a comparison photo of my left, light pink, and right, darker pink hands to show you the difference between 4 and 2 coats within 24 hours.
 
Thank you guys for sticking with this whole post, you are amazing! I hope that my experience and commentary with these two nail polishes helps out any future purchases or future lets-skip-this-one choices. If you have tried these out and would like to let me know how you did or didn't like them, leave a post in the comments below and I'll be sure to read and respond as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment