Monday, July 7, 2014

May Book Haul

Beginning Note: While upon writing this post I later realized that my May book haul list is actually NOT short and I clearly forgot about the plethora of books I purchased. I first must say that the Amazon selling your highly expensive and hardly used textbooks to them is a GREAT idea! For those college students, we all know how much we spend on books a semester and when you sell them back you only get about 25%, maybe, back of what you paid for the book. I've sold my books back to Amazon twice now and both times received a really good amount of money back for my books, even ones that are a little more beat-up and used than others. This is what I obviously chose to spend my money on ;) so my list a lot longer than the initial post, therefore proceed all the way through to the bottom, and you'll get my whole list!



Even though it's pretty much a month late, my May book haul! It is a pretty short list of books that I had received in the month of May but either way, they're still more books to add to my expanding collection! I usually look on Instagram, Twitter, through different book blogs, and on my Amazon recommendation list to find new books to buy and read. For May it included Delirium by Lauren Oliver, If I Stay by Gayle Forman, and Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. So far I have read and finished If I Stay and Dorothy Must Die and in my personal opinion I found that I liked both books. I decided that I would read If I Stay after seeing the preview in the movie theater when I went to see Maleficent (which by the way was a great movie!) and again when seeing The Fault In Our Stars (another amazingly and tear jerking movie and even better book, seriously GO SEE IT!). It was a short read for me taking only about 24 hours to finish between sleeping and working and I did enjoy it. The movie comes out sometime this summer and I'm anxious for it to come out to be able to see the book come to life in movie format.

Dorothy Must Die is obviously about Oz's Dorothy but we see her in a completely different light and I had to apologize to my grandpa before starting to read it since he absolutely loved The Wizard of Oz (as in if it was on TV you were going to sit and watch it in silence). I've seen mixed reviews about this book but I personally liked it and it was definitely very interesting to see Oz and the characters in a different light than how we all know them as from the movie. Regardless, I liked the book and now I wish I had magic coming from my fingertips.


So I take it that if you have come this far, you must have read the beginning note! Which I do apologize for! I tell you guys, sometimes I think I might be slowly losing my mind. Anyways onto the good stuff! As I stated in the beginning of this post, Amazon's textbook buy-back option is great and I actually get most of my money back for my textbooks from the school semester. One can never have too many books so one of my first orders included the following: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, Matched by Ally Condie, Cinder by Marissa Meyer, To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.


Currently I have not gotten to read any of these books yet (2 months later) but I am trying to spend the summer busting through my to-read books on my shelf! Sadly I am down to 28 books which includes single books as well as the next book in any of the series that I haven't finished yet so there's actually more than 28! The second shipment in the month of May from my Amazon buy-back money included the following: Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, Alienated by Melissa Landers, Asylum by Madeleine Roux, and Faking Normal by Courtney Stevens.


I have also not gotten to any of these EITHER (which I highly dislike) but I will get to them! I am determined! Though at the time I was currently reading Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black, which I highly recommend, and was trying to reread The Mortal Instruments series before the last book came out at the end of May. Which that brings me to my last book from the month of May! City of Heavenly Fire by the amazing Cassandra Clare and my-oh-my the feels! It only took me about a week to finish the book, mostly because I was impatient and bought the e-book before my physical book came in, and I was pretty pleased with how the series ended. I was thankful that I didn't cry a million buckets of tears and though it was a sad but happy ending, it did leave me with some questions that I wondered about but hopefully those will be answered in her upcoming The Dark Artifices which the first book, Lady Midnight comes out in 2015!


I hope that you have enjoyed my quite lengthy May Book Haul post and if you have any book suggestions or would like to gossip about City of Heavenly Fire, leave a comment below! I do however ask that if you post any questions/comments about CoHF, please let me know you would like to talk about it and you can click the little email button at the bottom of this post and send me an email! I will respond as quickly as possible! Thanks again guys, you're all awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment