Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I Love Nail Polish (ILNP): Post 1


Oh hey guys, I'm sure that you've all been wondering whether or not I'm still alive and kicking so well, I'm here to tell you I am! Surprise! I know I've stated in previous (and now ancient) posts that school this semester was royally kicking me in the butt, true story, and now I've been officially done for almost a week, if you want to get technical about it. I'm trying to get all of my energy back and into a normal schedule so I'm posting at least once a week and not going to highly MIA for months again. I wish I could say that allergy season is helping me but sadly those suffering from allergies now that it has been a brutal allergy season so far and I hope (please!) that it's over soon so I can have a lot more energy! Anyways, onto the real topic of this post!

Back in the fall I had participated in the preordering of the fall collection from I Love Nail Polish because I couldn't just pass up great nail polishes right? I failed however to write my post about the 3 nail polishes I ordered and the one that I (awesomely) got free with my purchase. In the past month I have expanded my ILNP collection by adding three new polishes to the mix! Therefore I figured why not just make one big post about my entire ILNP collection? Which is exactly what I'm going to do now! My first order had consisted of Birefringence (H), Washing Ashore, Sweet Serenade, and the free (as well as awesome) polish I got was Absolute Zero which is sadly now discontinued.

Birefringence (H) is one of the nail polishes that you see swatches of and you know right away that it's one you just NEED to have in your collection. The way that I would describe this nail polish would be a mix of blue, purple, a shift of an army green, and all with a BAM! of holographic. I'm also pretty sure that this needs to come with a "Warning: May cause distraction when driving your car in sunlight" since it's so amazing to look at. Watching the shift between the colors along with the addition of holographic is just amazing to me and I would wear it often.


The second nail polish from my order is Washing Ashore which is a nice teal blue and when I shifted my nails, it turned a sort of blue-green, in my opinion at least. I realized the difference in colors when shifting my nails while driving, aka dangerous, and oh how I just loved it. There is however a difference between the photos that are on the website and how the color looks in real life but I personally think that either way, it's still a great color.

No comments:

Post a Comment