Saturday, May 9, 2015

Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi

Once again behind on everything, I finally finished the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi! Before I got onto this bandwagon I remember seeing a lot of posts on Instagram with the divide between Team Adam or Team Warner. IT ALL MAKES SENSE TO ME NOW. Okay first off, I wish I had some crazy super power that I never knew about that I could learn to harness and control. Second off, I loved the series. I never want to go into too much detail because I'm always afraid of giving spoilers and I would hate to do that.


Throughout the whole series I definitely feel for Juliette and all situations she gets put into along with the things she has to deal with. Living your life feeling one way and knowing only that feeling is a hard place to be especially when life is changed drastically. I do wish I could see this huge military base in Sector 45 just to see how it works outside of my head. Pretty much in Shatter Me I'm all for Team Adam and I can't see why there would be any person to be on Team Warner.


Can I make a quick comment about how much I LOVE the covers of the books? I feel like it's a cover I have never seen before and it's such a great idea. It makes you more interested and intrigued to pick the book up and start reading it whether or not you know what it's really about. Reading Shatter Me left me wanting more and even though it took me a while to get to Unravel Me, I got there. For me I felt like Unravel Me was that in-between book in where you thought you knew what you wanted but then you start questioning everything. It's pretty much starting over for Juliette and I felt bad for her being stuck in a new place and not adjusting well. Though in this book I could feel the riff opening up between Juliette and Adam which really makes me sad and of course Warner pisses me off anyways. The end of the book actually really surprised me and that along made me NEED to finish the series. However..that had to wait for a while because, you know, SCHOOL HAPPENS. And I wanted to wait for the paperback to come out to keep with the theme.


Ignite Me is where I FINALLY understand the shift that a lot of people made and I'm pretty sure that if I was Juliette, I would have made the same move. Warner surprised me a lot which I wasn't expecting because I was pretty sure he was just crazy anyways. I was really glad and excited to see Juliette start to come into her own with being able to harness her ability and use it for good. The ups and downs between her and Warner definitely worried me making me wonder what was going to happen in the end. Adam wasn't being the Adam that we knew from Shatter Me which upset me but hey, when things get tough you start to see the real person. I feared for the rest of the group when they were going into their second battle since the first one proved to not go very well. I was rooting for the obvious team to win and there were many parts where I read faster than normal just so I could get past the intense feelings. I'm pretty sure I almost cried at the end of the book when I wasn't sure of the outcome but thankfully, my feelings of defeat were saved.


Overall I give the series 5 stars because it was enjoyable and definitely wasn't boring at all! I wish that it didn't have to end but sadly, all good things must come to an end, at some point. I'd recommend the series to everybody because it just sucks you in and tears you apart a little bit at some parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment