Thursday, October 17, 2013

Halo Hues 2013 Throwback

Yesterday I was deciding what I should do with my nails and I had this great idea of doing tips with just rhinestones. Though it was a great idea until I went and tried actually to execute my plan, well let's say it probably wouldn't have worked out too well. So I stuck with the doing my tips idea and grabbed Color Club's "Eternal Beauty" and my round brush from Sally Beauty Supply to scult my tip color.
 

You may or may not be able to tell from this picture but I get very OCD and focused when I'm doing just tips on my nails. I always start of with 1 coat going in a semi arch/curve with the nail polish and farther down than where I'll sculpt the lines to. I like doing this because then I can make the thickness of the tip thinner if I want to instead of having to add more polish for them to be thicker. With my brush, I dip into my acetone and I switch off from starting in the middle of my nail or on one of the sides and move my brush in an arch/curving motion. It takes a little bit of time to get the extra nail polish off, but it's definitely worth it in the end! Instead of doing 1 coat on both hands, I'll do my left hand first, take the extra off, and then repeat that on my right hand. It let's the nail polish dry and at the same time it lowers the risk or smudging! After I've done both hands, I'll go back and do the same thing again with a second coat of polish but instead of having extra, I try to stay in the curved line of what I previously did. That way you can follow the same line you created to get some of the extra polish off. If anybody would like me to do (but more like attempt) a video on how I do this, just let me know in the comments below! 


Since it's quite gloomy out today and was yesterday, here's an indoor photo with flash so you can all see the holographic goodness! Now I have stated in the title of this post that it's a throwback of some of the Halo Hues 2013 and I will go ahead and show you those! These are previous manicures that I've done with some of the nail polishes from the collection and some I personally find awesome! First up is one of the first manis I did after I got the set in the mail which was a gradient with "Eternal Beauty" and "Over The Moon." 
 This is the gradient mani in my room which doesn't have that great of lighting but you can still see how the gradient goes from purple to blue holographic from top to bottom. The holographic aspect of the polish is still visible indoors but you should see it when you're outside and the sun is shining! HOLY HOLO-GOODNESS. 
I just can't get over how awesomely holographic these polishes are! Every time I wear any one of them I always get comments and people freaking out about how awesome they are. These polishes are definitely ones that I like to wear a lot even if when I'm cleaning up they get holographic over my fingers. Can't be too sparkly now can you? Next up in the line of throwbacks is my mani using "Miss Bliss" and added some splatter on one full nail and half another nail. "Miss Bliss" is a nice pink holographic and of course, another one that I love. Honestly, I'm not sure how anybody couldn't like these holographic nail polishes when they go on great and well, let's just say they're quite badass.
Before I added the splatter, I just did 2 coats of "Miss Bliss" and put a top coat on them since it would take a lot longer for them to dry without one. This is indoors in my bedroom, again, and without any flash. You can see the holographic and then here's one with the flash on.
Here is the mani with the flash on my camera which shows a very rainbow effect! It's crazy how different the no flash and flash photos are from one another. Now onto the splatter! 
In my next photo, I used "Beyond" and just had to get creative and throw some rhinestones on there! I definitely had a good handful of time where I was rhinestone everything! This is a great black holographic and definitely shines like the others. I also got some up-close macro shots of some of the nails as well, which macros are pretty sweet. 
  
Well this concludes my post for now! I haven't really experimented with the other halo hues (I know I'm bad) but I shall do that soon and post some more about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment