Monday, June 16, 2014

What's In My?

I keep seeing posts that people are doing related to what is their _____(insert a type of bag here). So I figured it would be interesting to see what the heck I exactly have floating around in my purse since I realistically can't remember myself. I promise there is nothing in there that's gross or awkward! I think....anyways! Here is a lovely view of my purse or as I sometimes like to call it, my body bag.

 

Instead of just dumping out all the contents of my purse onto my floor and photographing the heap of items, I closed my eyes and grabbed whatever item I could out. First up in the bigger portion of my purse I grabbed my wallet which I got from my mom for Christmas. Thankfully I have this new wallet rather than my old one that was so beat up, looks a lot better!



The next item that I pulled out, and that wasn't surprising to me, was my Wreck This Journal. I carry it in my purse literally everywhere just in case I might have the urge or opportunity to complete one of the pages. However it sadly hasn't worked out that way and I should really probably try to get more of those pages done!


After my journal I grabbed my Surface lotion that my best friend got me for Christmas from her fabulous salon. Not only does it smell really good but I think I'd say it's one of my favorite lotions that I've used. Plus it looks fancy and sparkly, at least to me!


I have learned over the years that there will (and there WILL!) be times when you're out whether it's with friends, family, a party, etc. that you will end up spilling something on yourself. My main experience was when I was on my way to see Cassandra Clare, a fabulous author and creator of The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, and more, for a book release event. We all (maybe) know by now that I love my coffee and it's always a must for me yet sadly it wasn't on my side this time since it decided to splatter a little on my shirt. Therefore I had to make a pit stop to the local Target to get myself a Tide pen which I now proudly carry around with me and it comes in handy! Clearly you can see how worn out it is from sitting in my purse for a million years.


You never know when you're going to need a writing utensil to write down some random but important information so it's quite essential that you keep a highlighter and mechanical pencil in your purse, right? Okay maybe not but hey doesn't hurt to have them in there just in case I need to take some notes or do a math problem, yeah?


Ever since I was little I've had asthma (TMI I know) and ever since I've always had my inhaler with me at all times just in case. Though having asthma was a really good excuse to get out of running around a large, open field for gym class in elementary school ;) (Thanks Mr. Jeffs!)


Something that I've learned to love has been dry shampoo and finally I've found a brand that I really like and can easily get. I keep a travel size bottle of Batiste Dry Shampoo from Ulta with me just in case my hair feels like it doesn't look it's best. A few puffs of my dry shampoo, a little rubbing in, and I feel a lot better than I had before!


Even though I put a lot of reminders/events into my calendar on my phone, I have a little pocket one with me as well in my purse. Sadly I don't exactly use it much when I probably should be but it can be useful sometimes, right?


I never thought before that maybe it would be a good idea to have a small compact/mirror with me instead of trying to use the front facing camera on my phone (embarrassing). My grandma had gotten me one months ago with my fabulous initial "K" on it but I didn't bring it with me until later. Thankfully I carry it now and it comes in handy when I don't want to get looks from people by seeming to be taking a very weird and awkward selfie.


Next up comes my great hand sanitizer. Years ago an old friend of mine got me a bottle of "Vampire Blood" from Bath and Body Works because of my obsession with the TV show The Vampire Diaries. Ever since then I like to keep a bottle of my "Vampire Blood" with me in case I need some sanitizing and because I just love asking people "Do you want some vampire blood?" And it smells good too!


Last but not least from the bigger part of my purse is my huge sunglasses case that I use to switch between my regular nerd glasses and my sunglasses. I think that big, bug eyed sunglasses are a must for every girl's purse because my theory is the bigger they are, the less sun that gets through the cracks to your eyes!



Well that would be concluding the big part of my purse and of course I had forgotten about the fact that I have a small pocket inside my purse and one on the outside, DUH! So I'll briefly (you hope) go through the contents of those two pockets. Be warned, it's not quite that exciting! In this inside small pocket I usually have 4 items in there, 3 of which I basically never use. So you ask, why bother keeping them in there then? Well my friends, your guess is as good as mine! I carry around with me 2 lighters, strange I know, a bottle of pepper spray, and my hunking wad of keys. Sometimes you may never know when you're going to need a lighter to light some birthday candles or try to look scary with a flame in your hand to some wild animal looking at you like you're food.


I have had this bottle of pepper spray in my purse for as long as I can remember and it used to be part of my keys but the wear and tear of being in and out of a bag has broken the bottom of the case. I honestly don't even know if the bottle is useful at all but it could look intimidating to some random person.


Lastly for my small inside pocket, my keys. Now I know they look crazy but I swear that I have actual keys on there! 5 to be exact if you count my fancy car thing, though I don't know what one of them is for, can't remember! Oops. My various assortment of keychains are from Disney, the airport, Aflack (so serious), a gift from a friend. They do add some flare to my keys though don't you think?


I swear I am almost done! Very, very last is the outside pocket of my purse which I decided to just photograph all together as one and make it a whole lot easier. My outside pocket consists of an extra pair of gauges (never know when you'll need them), a cloth to clean my glasses, a spare set of keys, oil face sheets (which are seriously life savers), and a pair of headphones to block out obnoxious people while out in public.


When you have such a large purse you tend to have a lot of useless things piled in there when you really don't need them. But hey sometimes it's nice to have a big purse that you use everyday! Hopefully you guys don't think I'm too weird or out there (I forgive you if you do) and that would mean this is the end of this ginormously large post containing all the stuff from my bottomless pit of a bag. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment