Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Eve: Recap!

So it's finally New Years Eve and a time to look back on the good things that have happened in the past year. I'm definitely ready to start a new year and hope you guys all are too! One of my new years goals for this year (and hopefully life..eventually) is definitely to stop procrastinating things and just getting them done right away. It's been on the of the things that I've struggled for a while and yup, time to get it under control! I also want to start getting more organized with everything and keeping things nice and neat instead of just placing things wherever there's room for it. Of course I would also like to expand my book collection (I now have itches to go to Barnes & Noble) and to keep up my gym schedule along with getting my diet back on track. Just some personal goals that I have for myself and could probably sit here listing 10 more but I'll just stop with those! Now onto a list of the good things that have happened in the past year. I want to make sure I say this and it's that I am NOT, in any way, shape, or form, trying to brag about things that have become good memories to me. They're just things that make me feel good and I want to share those with you; I'll try to keep the list to a limit of about 30 things (if I can get there!).
  1. I became a redhead!
     
  2. Bought a new cell phone
  3. Went to the Chicago Vampire Diaries Convention
  4. Met Nathaniel Buzolic & Candice Accola at the convention as well as Paul Wesley & Ian Somerhalder again (first time was Labor Day 2012)
  5. Got my braces back on (it's a love/hate relationship ha)
  6. Had my 1 year anniversary with my hedgehog (LOL)
  7. My birthday happened (though nobody likes you when you're 23!)
  8. Started going to the gym
  9. One of my best friends got married!
  10. Went to the Renaissance Faire (a couple times)
  11. I finished my Bachelor's Degree
  12. I started my Master's Degree program at a new school
  13. I started a Substance Abuse Counseling certificate at a new but different school
  14. I met new friends at my school orientation
  15. Have taken the train downtown to the city more than I have in my life
  16. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones finally came out on movie in the theaters
  17. Joined the huge book fandom that I never knew existed
  18. Got a cab by myself downtown for the first time (which also took FOREVER)
  19. Got some extensions from Intense Extensions
  20. Read a 4 book series in 1.5-2 weeks (Fallen series)
  21. I met Sasha Alsberg in real life who is Lily Collins' 90% twin (I swear!) and owner of @theshadowhunters and @abookutopia on Instagram. I definitely recommend you check her out! Especially if you love The Mortal Instruments (like my obsessive self) and reading books in general. She also started following me on Twitter (@sashaalsberg); I feel the Sasha love! (& fan-girling)
  22. Steve Gonsalves (@stevegonsalves1) from Ghost Hunters (@ghosthunters) started following me on Twitter (which I'm still fan-girling about)
  23. Jay Verburg (@Jay_Verburg) from Ghost Mine (@ghostmine) started to follow me on Twitter & Patrick Doyle (@phtdoyle) followed me on Instagram (also still fan-girling about)
  24. Carmen Seda started to follow me on Twitter (@CarmenSeda) and on Instagram (@homeofnephilim fandom account; personal @carmensedda) which I'm also fan-girling about, which has been a really common happening this semester!
  25. Nadia Luna started following me on Instagram (personal: @@nadclubfan ; fandom: @clubfandemonium) and on Twitter (@0h_na_na) so many fan-girling moments!
  26. Visited family in Florida for a week
  27. Won a giveaway from Grown Up Fangirl (@grownupfangirl Instagram and Twitter @grownupfangal)
  28. Made plans to visited my friend in St. Louis, in 10 days now, for a weekend
  29. Expanded, and still expanding, my book collection
  30. Got a new tattoo!


Well I made it to 30! And I'm sure I could gather up some more memories but I'll just leave it at this for now :). I'd love hear some of the good memories that you guys have had the past year! Leave a comment below or if you make up your own post, let me know and I'll check it out! Have a safe New Years Eve, don't drink and drink, have fun, and bring in the new year right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment